🔎

• 2

• 1075

Urgent! A question about a recipe: Airy Rosemary Citrus Pignole Bread Pudding

I have a question about step 8 on the recipe "Airy Rosemary Citrus Pignole Bread Pudding" from gabrielaskitchen. It says:

"Place the baking pan into a larger pan or roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into the outer pan to come halfway up the sides of the pan containing the bread pudding. "Can I make this bread pudding two days ahead of time? I need it for Christmas day but I am in charge of all the desserts, 3 of them, and was looking for some do-aheads. Thought the bread pudding would do nicely.

022310f_668
Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

This bread pudding gets a layer of custard on the bottom (which is really good, btw!). I'd recommend making it up to 2 days ahead. Let it cool. Cover and chill it. Before serving, let it come fully to room temperature, then broil it lightly to crisp the top again.

am added 5 months ago

Thanks for forwarding this answer, I had already seen it.
Ideally I would leave the baking to the day of the event so that the pudding isn't heated twice. Bad idea or great idea?