🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Hello, I would like to know what sriracha is. I have never heard of this before.

asked by Marian Wooten almost 3 years ago

Asian hot sauce...made with chili peppers and garlic...very hot but very tasty! goes well with fish and you can cut it with mayo to make the heat a bit more bare able

Buddhacat

It is also called 'rooster sauce' and here is a wonderful recipe to make your own.

I don't think it that hot at all. At least the most popular bottled 'rooster sauce' brand. It's spicy, but not Tabasco sauce 'hot', more garlicy and quite good. It's a bit like a chili-pepper/garlic flavored ketchup.

It's very popular now, heck I have even seen it in a wal-mart in Alabama...so you should be able to find it easily.

Sriracha is one of those all american success stories. This guy in the San Gabriel Valley of California, where there is this enormous Asian population, started selling his Vietnamese style hot sauce to restaurants door to door. Then it began popping up in diners in beach towns on the breakfast counters. I used to live in one of those towns. Today his Huy Fong Food company is practically an empire. I'm more partial to Korean style gochujang sauce but sriracha, which is almost a brand now with the rooster lable is pretty damn good.

Wholefoods_user_icon

I just ran across this cool recipe for making homemade sriracha salt: http://www.madebyfrances...