🔎

• 8

• 18690

What can I do with leftover prime rib besides making sandwiches?

Cook-better-thanfb_profile
Mlc1977 added over 2 years ago

OMG the best is to make roast beef hash! If you have a kitchen aid mixer with the grinder attachment it is really simple. Grind the beef then grind raw onion and potato add salt & pepper and garlic salt to taste. The proportions are about 65% beef 10% onion 25% potato. Put the hash into a greased baking pan at 375 until hot in the center and crispy on top, we serve with a poached egg on top with a dot of Frenches mustard on the egg. This is an old family tradition we don't have a recipe, my grandfather would serve roast beef hash in his pub in Buffalo, NY at the turn of the last century...even during prohibition!!!

jmburns added over 2 years ago

You can slice and grill it outdoors to reheat it. I also wrap the bones with some BBQ sauce in foil and reheat in the oven. Slice and reheat and do a steak salad.

ReneePussman added over 2 years ago

Depending on how fatty the prime rib is I will often make soup. Make stock from the bones and chip up the meat for the soup.

jaxcat added over 2 years ago

Beef bourginion. Beautiful. Just used the NY times cookbook recipe with left over Christmas roast. Incredible.

amysarah added over 2 years ago

One of my favorite things to do with leftover beef is Thai beef salad - which would also be a great antidote to all the heavy holiday eating.

It's easy and very adaptable to taste - amount of cilantro and/or mint; heavy or light on the chilies, lime, etc. This recipe is a basic template - it says skirt or flank steak, but I've used leftover sirloin, ribeye, london broil, and I can't imagine prime rib wouldn't be wonderful in it: http://www.nytimes.com... Oh, and I always add some diced up tomato and thinly slice the red onion instead of mincing it - it sort of deliciously pickles in the dressing.

Lulusleep
babytiger added over 2 years ago

Pies! I make beef pot pies - just like a chicken pot pie, with puff pastry on top. Or just toss the beef with a little thickened gravy or curry sauce and make handpies with puff pastry.

SallyBroff added over 2 years ago

I make a different hash with diced potatoes, onions, and beef. Cook the potatoes and onions first until brown and crisp then add the beef the last few minutes. You can add a bit of pan juice or gravy for added flavor. Lots of s and p as well.

KimW added over 2 years ago

Make baked ziti! Dice up the prime rib, add to your favorite marinara ziti and cheese. Bake! Yummy!