🔔
🔎

What can I do with leftover prime rib besides making sandwiches?

asked by Bougie almost 3 years ago
Cook-better-thanfb_profile

OMG the best is to make roast beef hash! If you have a kitchen aid mixer with the grinder attachment it is really simple. Grind the beef then grind raw onion and potato add salt & pepper and garlic salt to taste. The proportions are about 65% beef 10% onion 25% potato. Put the hash into a greased baking pan at 375 until hot in the center and crispy on top, we serve with a poached egg on top with a dot of Frenches mustard on the egg. This is an old family tradition we don't have a recipe, my grandfather would serve roast beef hash in his pub in Buffalo, NY at the turn of the last century...even during prohibition!!!

You can slice and grill it outdoors to reheat it. I also wrap the bones with some BBQ sauce in foil and reheat in the oven. Slice and reheat and do a steak salad.

Depending on how fatty the prime rib is I will often make soup. Make stock from the bones and chip up the meat for the soup.

Beef bourginion. Beautiful. Just used the NY times cookbook recipe with left over Christmas roast. Incredible.

Farmer's_market

One of my favorite things to do with leftover beef is Thai beef salad - which would also be a great antidote to all the heavy holiday eating.

It's easy and very adaptable to taste - amount of cilantro and/or mint; heavy or light on the chilies, lime, etc. This recipe is a basic template - it says skirt or flank steak, but I've used leftover sirloin, ribeye, london broil, and I can't imagine prime rib wouldn't be wonderful in it: http://www.nytimes.com... Oh, and I always add some diced up tomato and thinly slice the red onion instead of mincing it - it sort of deliciously pickles in the dressing.

Lulusleep

Pies! I make beef pot pies - just like a chicken pot pie, with puff pastry on top. Or just toss the beef with a little thickened gravy or curry sauce and make handpies with puff pastry.

I make a different hash with diced potatoes, onions, and beef. Cook the potatoes and onions first until brown and crisp then add the beef the last few minutes. You can add a bit of pan juice or gravy for added flavor. Lots of s and p as well.

Make baked ziti! Dice up the prime rib, add to your favorite marinara ziti and cheese. Bake! Yummy!