🔎

• 7

• 6088

After I open a jar of anchovies how do I store it, and how long can they be stored?

Profile
Denae_peters
Denae Peters added over 2 years ago

You should refrigerate once opened and try to use within 2-3 days. Normally, I just start adding them to everything I'm making so they never quite make it to the 3rd! :)

As Denae Peters recommends, definitely refrigerate after opening. If you're not going to use them up soon, say within a week, spread them out in a ziplock bag and freeze them so you can pull out as many as you need at a time to thaw and use.

Photo_on_2013-11-16_at_13.18__3
Shalini added over 2 years ago

I love Boulangere's idea about freezing them. Since the anchovies are already salted, we usually put them in a jar, with the label from the tin taped to it. We've kept them from 3 weeks to a month and they're just fine. In fact, we have some in the fridge now!

cranberry added over 2 years ago

We keep ours for up to a month in the frig, tho they rarely last that long.

cranberry added over 2 years ago

I should say that that they don't last that long because we eat them up, not because they go bad... sorry for the lack of clarity.

amysarah added over 2 years ago

I pretty much always have a jar in the fridge - covered with olive oil, I've had no problem keeping them a month or longer.

Sam1148 added over 2 years ago

I think the answer depends on the type of product. Is it a jar with oil? or Salted dried ones in a jar?