If I don't have lemon, may I used orange in a lemon tart recipe?

I saw a super fast five ingredient lemon tart recipe from you guys that call for: lemon, butter, eggs, super fine sugar, and vanilla to the food processor

asked by Lily,Sheng over 2 years ago

Does it just use the juice and zest? If so, I would have thought it would be fine, but you might not get the zing that a lemon one would have.... You could use limes (or a mix) if you had them too....

Image

Lazy Mary's lemon tart? I've made that one with an orange and it's great. Not as zingy, as Esther said, but still delicious. Try adding a little cardamom (if you like it). I also think that would be great with a chocolate crust.

Yes, Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart! It called for lemon wedges with skin in the blender! I think I'm going to use orange flesh and zest, maybe holding the sugar as it's not as zingy as a lemon. Thank you so much!

Merrill

Sounds delicious! What a great recipe that is.

Bigpan

Yes, use orange or lime or grapefruit - simply change the name when you announce it to your guests..."presenting ... orange tarts!". Everyone will applaud and only you know that you substituted.

Temp_0003 Thank you for all the encouragments, you guys are the best! I made it with orange and a few drops of lemon extract, it was pretty decent. Can't wait to make it with lemon, got some shopping to do!