🔔
🔎

Is coconut water high in calories?

asked by Kanika almost 3 years ago

Higher in calories than water, but less than juice. All is relative. I love it, and it's great post workout. As opposed to energy drinks, coconut water s totally natural yet still has electrolytes. Zico has a chocolate flavor, which if I'm in the mood for a treat, is delicious and satisfies my chocolate craving.

As for exact calories, it's usually between 60 and 80 per 8 oz for the unflavored and between 110 and 140 for teh flavored varieties.

Buddhacat

There are so many benefits to coconut water. During WWII when plasma was in short supply, coconut water was used as a substitute in the Pacific. Calories are not the place to look as there are so many other health benefits.

Photo_(6)

Natural , fresh coconut water has much lesser calories then artificially sweetened and flavored would have. But, by all that said, fresh coconut water has various health benefits as told by SKK..