🔎

• 4

• 1417

• See other questions tagged:
    • health

Is coconut water high in calories?

ATG117 added over 2 years ago

Higher in calories than water, but less than juice. All is relative. I love it, and it's great post workout. As opposed to energy drinks, coconut water s totally natural yet still has electrolytes. Zico has a chocolate flavor, which if I'm in the mood for a treat, is delicious and satisfies my chocolate craving.

ATG117 added over 2 years ago

As for exact calories, it's usually between 60 and 80 per 8 oz for the unflavored and between 110 and 140 for teh flavored varieties.

Buddhacat
SKK added over 2 years ago

There are so many benefits to coconut water. During WWII when plasma was in short supply, coconut water was used as a substitute in the Pacific. Calories are not the place to look as there are so many other health benefits.

Dsc_3321
PistachioDoughnut added about 2 years ago

Natural , fresh coconut water has much lesser calories then artificially sweetened and flavored would have. But, by all that said, fresh coconut water has various health benefits as told by SKK..