🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Eggplant and Prosciutto Lasagna

Dsc_0018_3

I have a question about the recipe "Eggplant and Prosciutto Lasagna" from KelseyTheNaptimeChef. I only have whole wheat (not no-boil) lasagna noodles on hand. Do I need to adjust the sauce to noodle ratio?

asked by BreadandButter almost 3 years ago
Dad

There isn't any difference in noodles between standard and whole wheat, just as there isn't any difference between standard noodles and whole-grain noodles, as far as cooking is concerned.
there's no adjustments in any recipe that's needed for whatever type of newly are using. The main difference between standard noodles and whole-grain, or whole wheat, is the fact that they have more nutritional value.

Scan0004

Most whole wheat pastas have a longer cooking time than white pastas. To use these in the recipe, I would boil them first until they are at least al dente, then follow the recipe. In my experience, I think they would benefit from the tweaks used for the no boil type. Check for doneness.

Thank you both. I should have been more explicit - I was more worried about the no-boil v. standard noodles, but all worked out well. The lasagna was delicious. Thanks for your answers!