🔎

• 5

• 1113

Bitter melon recipes?

Does anyone have any good recipe suggestions for bitter melon? I've never had it, but thought it would be fun to try.

wietje added about 2 years ago

Stir fry it, just like vegetables. Deseed the bitter melon, slice 1/4 inch thick, mix with salt for a few minutes then wash it to reduce the bitterness. Stir fry with chopped onion or shallot and garlic, some shrimp for flavor, red and green chilies for color, and a pinch of salt. Serve over rice. You can also stuff it (cut it into 2 inch tube) with shrimp or ground pork and steam it. Serve with sriracha.

Dsc_0122.nef-1
Panfusine added about 2 years ago

feel free to skip the tutorial, straight to the recipe
http://www.panfusine.com...

Alternatively, slice the melon using a mandoline, sprinkle liberally with salt & allow to sit for 1/2 hr, Squeeze out the liquid, rinse to get rid of excess salt. drizzle with olive oil & add cracked pepper. ROast in a 400 F oven for about 15-20 min until it turns golden, Spritz with a squeeze of lemon & serve

ubs2007 added about 2 years ago

Bitter melon! Wow....amazing for women's health. I'm trying to track some Punjabi recipes for this since it's a specialty dish. I'll forward when I find it.

Dsc_0048b
healthierkitchen added about 2 years ago

someone just gave me some seeds which i plan to try to grow this year. Hopefully I will have some to use for these recipes!

Dsc_0122.nef-1
Panfusine added about 2 years ago

Bitter melon grows like a weed! Had a great harvest last year!