🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

A question about a recipe: Chicken Breast with cream of herb sauce My white wine is in the fridge.

Chicken_breast

I have a question about the ingredient "white wine" on the recipe "Chicken Breast with cream of herb sauce " from katierk. Will usding cold white wine effect the outcome of the dish? If so, any way to remedy? In the future should white wine be at room temp?

asked by sexyLAMBCHOPx over 2 years ago
Farmer's_market

Haven't done this specific recipe, but for any saute where you use wine to deglaze, then make a quick reduction sauce - room temp is optimal, if you're planning ahead. However, I've used it straight from the fridge endless times, when I don't have time or am making an impromptu meal. Really makes no difference that I can see....beyond taking an extra few seconds to come to a boil. (Am sure someone will pop in to say I'm wrong, but that's been my experience making roughly 4372 sautes ;-)

Buddhacat

I am popping in to say I agree with you amysarah!

Junechamp

I too am popping in to say "You're RIGHT!" ;)

Farmer's_market

Phew! Usually, I'm incorrect because that's not how it was done in 1734, when Catherine Di Meshuggeneh first introduced deglazing to a remote province of Outer Slebovia. (I kid. Sort of.) Thanks for the back-up, guys!

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

That's what I thought. Just noticed that using wine all the time I never thought about whether or not it nmade a difference. Thank you for the responses. The dish is very good and just posted my comments on katiemr's recipe page.