Ideas for using red pepper jelly

We received a lovely jar of red pepper jelly for Christmas. Besides the classic cream-cheese-red-pepper-jelly-crackers-or-bread combination, what are some other ideas? It's pretty good -- I could just eat it out of the jar -- but it seems as though I should put it to better use!

asked by MTMitchell over 2 years ago

Baked brie! Spread it on top of a wheel of brie, wrap puff pastry or phyllo dough around it, and bake. Yummmmm.

I have used it to glaze a pork tenderloin with great success.

3-bizcard

I made ChezSuzanne's recipe for red pepper jam and used it on merguez sandwiches with crumbled feta, and a onion and cucumber topping. It was delicious.

Melissa_mitchell

Yay! All great ideas and I will be trying them all. Thanks!!!

1390710_10151917400148928_1193325941_n_1_

I'd suggest using it to glaze wings for a sweet and spicy style. You may want to add a little mustard and ketchup as well, just to even out the flavor.

I just like it on toast or english muffins.

It's also good with eggrolls or dimsum.

I like the wings idea too!

Is it hot or sweet? Here is a fantastic recipe from Karen barker of magnolia grill in Durham, NC: http://books.google.com...

Wholefoods_user_icon

These are great ideas. I also received red pepper jelly for the holidays, so the suggestions come at a good time. thanks!

2011-03-07_18-28-41_870

My husband makes PBJ's with my homemade hot pepper jelly....