🔔
🔎

help, I need to tone down some chipotle/pineapple sauce, I think it is way too hot for my guests

asked by peach49 over 3 years ago

Since you can't remove heat that's already present, your safest bet is to serve something cooling along with the sauce. If you tell me what the sauce is meant to accompany, then maybe I can offer a more succinct answer

Eb515e78-7387-4e72-b91d-acfa26b55b99.default-full

Since we don't know what's in it, it is hard to guess what will work. First, I suggest you make another batch without the chipotle, then combine the 2 and adjust taste. Or just start adding in all the other ingredients and adjust taste. If it goes, you can turn it into a sour cream dip/sauce as the fat will coat your tongue and sooth it. Bottom line it that there is no magic way to just remove hot peppers.

added about 1 month ago

here's this cute graphic from a uk newspaper to help:
http://www.dailymail.co...

Dcaf56be-4ef6-4780-84d1-1e354adf4ff9.stringio
added about 1 month ago

Sweet generally helps with heat so maybe you could add more pineapple? Or a teaspoon or 2 of sugar.