🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

How long can I keep cookie dough in the fridge?

I made cookie dough a week ago and forgot to freeze it, can I still use it? I figured I can since cookie dough is sold in supermarkets and it's been there for a while.

asked by Reen over 2 years ago

Why not just try it and see? The worst that can happen is you'll wind up with cookies?

Dsc_0253_2
Miranda Rake

Miranda is a contributor at Food52.

I would probably use it still, but I would be careful to bake the cookies all the way through just in case.

Lorigoldsby

The cookie dough in the dairy case of your grocer has LOTS of preservatives in it....hence it is more "shelf stable"...but if it passes the "sniff test" I would assume the eggs and butter would be fine...did you add milk? That would be the ingredient I would worry about. Also, not sure about the length of time and the efficacy of the leavening ingredients. If you do go ahead and bake....please post your results.

My whole family has kept cookie dough for up to 2 weeks in the fridge and none of us have had any problems despite doing this for years.

Thank you, I'm going to bake them up, I'll let you know how they turn out!