🔎

• 5

• 3413

Can I substitute sherry vinegar for red wine vinegar?

Bigpan
bigpan added about 2 years ago

Certainly. Why not.

Yes. I'm personally a big fan of Spanish sherry vinegars (Jerez) over crappy domestic "balsamics". Do it! Just buy a good quality product.

The Spiced Life added about 2 years ago

Depends on dish in my experience. There are some Mexican dishes I would not want sherry vinegar in unless it was just a splash.

Sam1148 added about 2 years ago

I wouldn't have a problem with that.

And speaking of vinegar. Beaujolais nouveau, MIGHT still available overlooked and forgotten in your supermarket.
Get a bottle--but don't drink it. Open it and use a 1/2 cup or so in a stew. Then lightly put in a paper towel in the neck of the bottle and forget about it until August or so. It wants to be vinegar, no other addition is needed. Even if it has preservatives. It'll turn to vinegar in a few months when you open it. Sometimes even in the bottle, if you really forget about it a year.

vinagredejerez added about 2 years ago

Gran_capirete_50_yrs_-_250ml_-_ingles_-_caja NOO! - You can substitute Sherry Vinegar for white wine vinegar.
www.sherryvinegar.com