🔎

How do I make chicken tikka masala, but with the red coloured sauce?

Mattbamcorps
Si
SweetTea added over 3 years ago

For six servings: In a blender, 1 tbl turmeric, 2 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp red food colouring (optional), 6 garlic, ginger, 1 minced jalapeno, and a 1/2 cup. Transfer the paste to a small bowl. In the same blender, puree one 28-ounce (794ml) tin of tomatoes and strain through a sieve. In a bowl, mix 2 tablespoons paste, 2lbs (1kg) cubed chicken breast, yoghurt, and salt; marinate for 30 minutes. Place an oven rack 4in (10cm)from heating element; heat to broil. Alternatively, heat the broiler. Transfer chicken to a foil-lined baking tray. Broil until cooked through 5 to 6 minutes; set aside. Heat 6tbs butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 tp coriander seeds and 1/2 tp cumin seeds; toast for 4 to 6 minutes. Add 1/2 tp paprika and 2 finely diced small yellow onions; cook until soft, 6 to 8 minutes. Add remaining spice paste; brown for 5 to 6 minutes. Add pureed tomatoes; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in 1 cup cream and 1 cup water; boil. Reduce heat; simmer until thickened, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in 2 tps garam masala and chicken; season with salt. Garnish with some finely minced fresh cilantro (fresh coriander) and serve with hot basmati rice.