A question about a recipe: Lime and Tarragon Aioli with Panko-Crusted Fish Sticks

Food52_02-21-12-8375

I have a question about the recipe "Lime and Tarragon Aioli with Panko-Crusted Fish Sticks" from sdebrango.

asked by sw1822 over 2 years ago
3-bizcard

I would love to help you if you let me know what the question is.

how long do i simmer th garlic for the infused olive oil? 20 minutes? 5?

3-bizcard

You simmer the garlic on very low heat for just a few minutes 2 or 3 minutes, then turn off the heat and let the garlic sit in the oil until it cools the garlic should be very soft you can mash it with a fork or spoon, The oil can't be hot or it will fry the garlic you just want to gently poach it. I hope this helps. and you enjoy!

3-bizcard

You will use the garlic infused oil for the aioli so its important the oil be cooled before making it. I often make the garlic infused oil the night before I am making the aioli and let the garlic sit in the oil all night.

3-bizcard

An alternative method would be to skip infused olive oil and just bake the garlic cloves until they are soft, I usually put a few cloves unpeeled on foil, drizzle with olive oil and make a packet with the foil, bake in 375 degree oven for 6-8 minutes then when making the aioli just use regular olive oil. Whatever is easiest for you.