🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Can a scrambled gelato custard be fixed/used?

It must be impatience (I'm tired!) but I have somewhat scrambled (not scrambled eggs, but grainy) my custard stage in a very labor intensive infused-custard gelato experiment. Will sieving or blenderizing fix it or is it throw away time?
I actually have already sieved it AND combined it with its fruit puree and it's in the frig awaiting your reply, to be worked on tomorrow. Yes, it was still grainy after i sieved it. ah phooey. Thanks for your help. If I must start anew, so be it......

asked by LE BEC FIN over 2 years ago

Yes, I have to agree. Once the albumen seizes up it's impossible to repair. Gelato needs to be smooth and silky. At the same time it might taste good on its own just as a custard.

I really, really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think it's time to call this a learning experience, let it go and move on. Scrambled is eggs, not for custards, as you've by now clearly realized. I've been the victim of a little too much multitasking more than once, and while it may be a bitter lesson, it's ultimately a good lesson. Sloooooow down, and I suspect you won't make this mistake again.