🔎

• 3

• 915

A question about a recipe: Suspiciously Delicious Cabbage

I have a question about the recipe "Suspiciously Delicious Cabbage" from fiveandspice.
Hello, I have two questions - 1. Can you use another spice in place of the ginger? I am not a ginger fan at all and was wondering if anything else might be as tasty? 2. I was wondering if a lower fat dairy product could be used with any success? Thanks!

112210f_317
1390710_10151917400148928_1193325941_n_1_
Mr_Vittles added about 2 years ago

1. Try omitting it. Ginger is a unique flavor, as you know, and there is not a substitute for its uniqueness, 2) Half and Half will do, but know it won't be as good. I recommend using the Cream and eating less.

Me
wssmom added about 2 years ago

The ginger in this AMAZING recipe just adds a unique flavor, which is hard to define. It definitely doesn't taste like ginger. In a pinch I made it once with chopped candied ginger, sugar rinsed off, and that was even less "gingery" -- why not give it a try?

brandon added about 2 years ago

you could try galangal to sub the ginger, and sheeps or goats yogurt for the dairy but beware you cannot cook it for very long at all or it will break, also be mindful of the tartness.