🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Lemony Sardine Pate

I have a question about the recipe "Lemony Sardine Pate" from HalfPint. could you substitute for butter to make it healthier? if so, what?

asked by goodie over 3 years ago

You can try to reduce the butter by half and add more olive oil. A nice fruity extra virgin oil would work here. But don't attempt to remove the fat in this recipe. It keeps the spread moist and the texture smooth. I originally made this with 1 stick of butter and felt that it was too much butter, even though it was really good, so I reduced the butter by half and added in the olive oil from the sardines. A little does go a long way.

Do you realize that one stick of butter is eight tablespoons? If you really did use eight tablespoons, you used twice the amount of butter called for!

Whoops, Maedl! It's HalfPint's recipe. In developing it, she tried 8 tablespoons and then reduced to 4 before submitting it to the contest.