A question about a recipe: Lemony Sardine Pate

Food52_03-13-2012-2569

I have a question about the recipe "Lemony Sardine Pate" from HalfPint. could you substitute for butter to make it healthier? if so, what?

asked by goodie over 2 years ago
Baci1

You can try to reduce the butter by half and add more olive oil. A nice fruity extra virgin oil would work here. But don't attempt to remove the fat in this recipe. It keeps the spread moist and the texture smooth. I originally made this with 1 stick of butter and felt that it was too much butter, even though it was really good, so I reduced the butter by half and added in the olive oil from the sardines. A little does go a long way.

Do you realize that one stick of butter is eight tablespoons? If you really did use eight tablespoons, you used twice the amount of butter called for!

Chris_in_oslo

Whoops, Maedl! It's HalfPint's recipe. In developing it, she tried 8 tablespoons and then reduced to 4 before submitting it to the contest.