🔎

• 5

• 709

I moved to Dallas this past year and I have not found a single person who loves to cook! Where are the foodies?

keel added about 2 years ago

Check out meetup.com! It's a great way to find groups with same interests. I joined several foodie groups when I moved to San Diego.

Junechamp

Look online for the Dallas chapter of the American Institute of Wine and Food. you'll find lots of foodies! I have many colleagues from the DFW area in the International Association of Culinary Professionals, so I know there are tons of foodies in Dallas.

You might also sign up for a cooking class at Central Market. You'll definitely meet foodies in cooking classes! and good luck!

I still cringe at the term "foodie" (reminds me too much of yuppie) but I understand what you mean. You might also check for a local chapter of the Slow Food movement.

036

You could message The Internet Cooking Princess (on this site) she is in Dallas and an amazing cook / foodie!

Photo_squirrel
LE BEC FIN added about 2 years ago

www.chowhound.com
go to their texas board and see if they have any chowhound activities planned (usually meet at a restnt and share a meal). Many may not be chefs, but many are.You could also post the title " New to dallas; any CH activities coming up?" or whatever. Also look into local cooking classes through centers for adult ed or colleges .