🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Moroccan carrot salad with Harissa

110309f_494

I have a question about the ingredient "Harissa" on the recipe "Moroccan carrot salad with Harissa" from Cordeliah. Is the harissa the spice blend, or the spice paste which is the blend mixed with olive oil and garlic?

asked by Brsboarder over 2 years ago
Gator_cake

Harissa is a hot chili condiment. You can purchase it at well-stocked groceries. Here's a link to a recipe as well: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Scan0004

I have made it with the paste, which I've had both in a tube and in a can. I believe that brands differ in heat level, so check that the quantity you use suits you. And don't make the mistake I did -- refrigerate after opening! The harissa I had in the tube fermented because I kept it out, split open and leaked -- not pretty.

thanks, the harissa I have is in a tin, however it is simply a spice blend and says that I can mix with olive oil and garlic to turn it into a paste, so I'll do that and try it in the recipe

Dsc_0122.nef-1

I have the powdered blend as well, that has to be made int a paste with oil.

Christine-28_small(1)

Where do you buy the powser?

Christine-28_small(1)

uhm, powder....

Dsc_0122.nef-1

@ Kalustyans in New York City

Mogo031212_026