🔎

• 7

• 1051

• See other questions tagged:
    • harissa

A question about a recipe: Moroccan carrot salad with Harissa

I have a question about the ingredient "Harissa" on the recipe "Moroccan carrot salad with Harissa" from Cordeliah. Is the harissa the spice blend, or the spice paste which is the blend mixed with olive oil and garlic?

110309f_494
Gator_cake

Harissa is a hot chili condiment. You can purchase it at well-stocked groceries. Here's a link to a recipe as well: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Scan0004
susan g added about 2 years ago

I have made it with the paste, which I've had both in a tube and in a can. I believe that brands differ in heat level, so check that the quantity you use suits you. And don't make the mistake I did -- refrigerate after opening! The harissa I had in the tube fermented because I kept it out, split open and leaked -- not pretty.

Brsboarder added about 2 years ago

thanks, the harissa I have is in a tin, however it is simply a spice blend and says that I can mix with olive oil and garlic to turn it into a paste, so I'll do that and try it in the recipe

Dsc_0122.nef-1
Panfusine added about 2 years ago

I have the powdered blend as well, that has to be made int a paste with oil.

Christine-28_small(1)
cheese1227 added about 2 years ago

Where do you buy the powser?

Christine-28_small(1)
cheese1227 added about 2 years ago

uhm, powder....

Dsc_0122.nef-1
Panfusine added about 2 years ago

Mogo031212_026 @ Kalustyans in New York City