FOR LOW-AND-SLOW FLAVOR, MINUS THE WAIT. SHOP SMOKING CHIPS »
🔕 🔔

Let's talk about pasta.

I'm trying to mix up something relatively healthy that I can have for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow. I have: fresh spaghetti, cherry tomatoes, ricotta salata, avocado, garlic, onions, the usual oils and spices, butter, frozen bacon fat, eggs, cucumber, and some spinach that may or may not have gone off. My plan was cut the tomatoes in half and roast them, saute garlic and onion in some sort of fat, and mix it in with the tomatoes and greens and ricotta. But I want more cohesiveness/creativity. Discuss.

asked by LucyS about 4 years ago
516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

Sauté the onion and garlic in the bacon fat. Buy some Parmesan and pancetta. Make a pasta carbonara with the roasted tomato as a top garnish. Put everything else back in the fridge for another day.

377cad43 00ff 4dab be54 24c19752d56f  instagram1

You could go super fresh and lightly sauté the spinach with onions and garlic, and toss when with the pasta, halved fresh cherry tomatoes, and grated the ricotta salata.