🔎

Stew beef

We buy a 1/4 cow grass feed from a local farm. What choices do I have for all the stew meat??

Amitha's Expression of Creativity added almost 2 years ago

There are many things you can cook with stew meat. Chili with maze dumplings, Slow cooked Mexican Beef to use in tacos or tamales, I can see a pull beef/sloppy joe sandwich made in a crock pot. You also can take a look at beef vindaloo recipes and serve it over french fries (I had this at a British pub and it is great).

Dsc01280
Gibson2011 added almost 2 years ago

I like making boeuf bourguignon with good stew meat.

Scplogoblog
Slow Cooked Pittsburgh added almost 2 years ago

The trick with stew meat is to remember that taste and texture are dependent on how it is cooked--low temp, slow braise will give you tender results every time. What you do from there is limitless!

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_
sexyLAMBCHOPx added almost 2 years ago

I love a good beef stew and this one from the site is exceptional (and freezes well) http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Buddhacat
SKK added almost 2 years ago

You can also grind it up and make hamburger patties.

The tricky problem stewigrass fed beef is its lack of marbling. For flavor you have to compensate possibly by adding Bacon or even anchovies.