I have these Pillsbury grand biscuits, they expired in April and now it's May. Are they okay to eat?

asked by Raveena almost 3 years ago
Waffle3

Does the package say "Expires" or "Best by"?

Still Tasty says toss
http://www.stilltasty.com...

It says "Use Before"

Waffle3

Pillsbury says:
"For the best quality, make sure you use them before the "use-by" date on the package."

My guess is it's probably an issue with the baking powder underperforming.

However…

Refrigerated biscuits are one of the last places you'll find partially hydrogenated oils in the grocery store. Check the label for "trans fat". Normally when something is just past its "best by" or "use by" date, I tell people to toss it in my direction if they're nervous about it, but you couldn't pay me to eat those things. Seriously.

How would you feel about learning how to bake better biscuits from scratch?

Thanks for that advise :)
And I would love, too.

I will try this out. Thanks :).

added about 1 month ago

Yes. I made pizza crust last night with refrigerated-only (never frozen) biscuits that expired in 2012. It's Mar 17 2015 today. Didn't get sick, but the biscuits definitely were weird-looking when I popped the can...just in chunks instead of biscuit form. No mold though. They rose somewhat, but like I said I smashed them into pizza crust, so I'm not sure how they would do as just biscuits. I'm eating pizza leftovers today for lunch - good to go!

added about 1 month ago

After I made those biscuits they looked a bit odd, but they tasted fine. Hopefully your pizza came out great!