How do I make wine mustard
Here is a recipe http://www.fabulousfoods...
Here's another recipe for Spicy Wine Mustard: http://nyc.wholefoodsmarketcooking...
Diana B is a trusted home cook.
Love this one:
Lemon Tarragon Wine Mustard
adapted from The Ball Complete Book of Canning and Preserving
1/4 cup dried tarragon, divided in half
3/4 cup dry white wine
3/4 cup yellow mustard seeds
1 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup lemon juice
½ cup honey
1/4 tsp salt
1. Place 1/8 cup of the dried tarragon in a spice bag.
2. Over high heat bring the wine and the spice bag to a boil. Turn off heat, cover, and let steep for 5 minutes.
3. Add mustard seeds and allow to stand at room temperature for about 2 hrs.
4. Remove the spice bag, squeezing it to extract as much liquid as possible.
5. In a medium sauce pan combine the wine soaked mustard seeds and all of the remaining ingredients.
6. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes.
7. Process in a water-bath canner
I'm giving you the following link because it has a terrific fig and port mustard recipe, but you might like to take a look at the others, as well: http://localkitchenblog...
Finally, this post has a recipe for the classic white wine Dijon-style mustard, as well as one with bourbon & brown sugar -- oh, my! http://www.foodinjars.com...
Punkdomestics.com has quite a few mustard recipes, too!
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Food blog links we love.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
The best camping foods.
Savor the season.
Please enter a valid email address.
Well played. You deserve a cookie.
prevented successful signup:
We'll never post anything without your permission.
prevented successful login:
Thanks for signing up!
Connect with us to get more Food52!
Sign up for our useful, inspired emails and we'll
give you everything you need to eat and live better—including
recipes, how-tos, and exclusives and great gift ideas from our
kitchen and home shop.