🔔
🔎

Hey friends--need wine pairings -- ham, gruyere/cheddar mac-n-cheese, roasted fingerlings, mustard sauce, pineapple stuffing...thx!

asked by Laura_K over 3 years ago

Well, unfortunately you don't want a big red, like a cab sav with this! Pinot Noir is probably the most go with everything red wine ever. If it is for a lunch, I might like a nice rose'. Or, maybe a nice buttery chardonnay

Buddhacat

How about one of the wonderful sauvignon-blancs from Marlborough region of New Zealand? What I love about most of them is their citrus notes. A good lower priced one is Oyster Bay - about $10.00 here in Seattle. And you can go higher if you choose.

Uruguay2010_61

Having grown up in the ham business (we produced Yorkshire style hams), our family always had Alsatian Gewurtztraminer . . .the saltiness of the ham was softened by the fruit & spice of the wine. Gewurtz is a red grape that is made into a white wine, so it has body to stand up to the ham. Be careful, some Gewurtz can be too sweet, so ask you wine merchant for advice.

Img_3633_-_copy_2_-1

I think either a Pinot Noir or chardonnay would go best with everything you are serving. Sounds like a lovely meal!