My Basket ()

  • 5

  • 1019


simmer plate

I just moved and my new apt has a gas stove. its near impossible to get the heat low enough to simmer my food. Anyone have a good rec for a simmer plate?

Answer »
jmburns added almost 2 years ago

There are "flame tamers". Basically a metal disk to diffuse the heat. Most cook stores will have them.

Sadassa_Ulna added almost 2 years ago

I have this one and use it a lot: http://www.lascosascooking...

Melusine added almost 2 years ago

If you want to spend some money, Kuhn Rikon makes a couple of sizes -- they last forever.

jmburns added almost 2 years ago

I agree and have two. Just remember that you must let them cool on the stove top. My wife put one in sink because of a boil over and it cupped. It now does not make contact with the bottom of the pot/pan and is ineffective. Hence the second one.

bugbitten added almost 2 years ago

An old idea that works is to roll some aluminum foil into a snake. Put the ends of the snake together to form a hoop, then let your pot rest on top of that.

No need to email me as additional
answers are added to this question.