🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Any favorite mandolines for all those summer veggies?

Particularly one that is easy to use and not too difficult to assemble

asked by patty cay over 2 years ago

Kyocera ceramic, for about $25. No need to spend more unless you're doing professional quantities.

http://amzn.to/NTRLww

I've been using this MIU Professional for about 2 years, since nearly making waffle fries out of my fingers with a handheld mandoline that didn't have a food pusher. It requires no assembly, is very easy to clean, and the stand makes it nice for large quantities.

http://www.amazon.com/MIU...

Food52

I have the Bron Original Stainless Steel Mandolin Slicer. I got mine at a restaurant supply store which gave a pretty nice discount to culinary students, which I happened to be at the time. I think I payed $60 for mine. that was about 3-4 years ago, and it will still take your finger tip off if given the chance. I use it several times a week.

This is one of those kitchen tools that I would tell you that its worth saving to get a high quality one.

No matter what Mandolin you purchase...they require a blood sacrifice at some point.

Bigpan

I use the Japanese Benriener. I find the only difference between it and the stainless steel models is price.
A thin cut vegetable is - a thin cut vegetable.
(I used the money I saved for some nice wine...lots !)

Years ago I bought a very, very inexpensive one---came with 3 different attachments that just click right in for julienne, thin slicces, and thicked that julienne. It's been great, I still use it several times a week, and serves me very well. Sorry, I don't know the brand, but I do remember that it was cheap.

Baci1

My mom always recommends any Japanese mandolin. Reasonably priced if not inexpensive, nice sharp blade, and lasts quite a while. She had hers for almost 25 years. I think she might still have it...