🔔
🔎

Delete recipes

We used to have the option to delete recipes (of other cooks) saved. Once I've saved a recipe, made it, and liked it, I also like to delete it so that the saved file is essentially one of ideas to try. Can we have that capability back? Also, there are are recipes of my own that I've fallen out of love with and would like to have the option to delete. Any possibility thereof?

Hi B, I'm not sure how to delete you own recipes, but you can delete those you've saved by clicking on the "I saved this recipe" button on the left side of the page. Doing so removes the recipe from your file. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much, Em. I can't imagine how you figured that out. It's not exactly intuitive, and it's definitely cumbersome. Still, I'll work my way through the list. Now if only I could delete some of mine.

I'm responding to this so I get notifications of the answer. I'd like to delete some of mine, too.

Ha, I figured it out through pure accident! I'd be interested to know how to delete one's own recipes, too. I have a few I could definitely live without!

Scan0004

This has come up in the past, and 'editors' said they will do it for you.

Sunshine-small
Peter

While Peter no longer works for Food52 he still thinks up ways to make the website better.

Hi all, Susan is correct that for now, just email in to [email protected] with links to any recipes you want removed and we can do it for you (unless it was a contest winner of finalist or community pick).

Why don't we allow you to delete your own recipes? Sadly, it's a matter of priorities. Whle we'd like Food52 to be the best food website anyone has ever laid eyes on, we're a tiny site with a very limited staff and an ever more limited technical staff.

That technical staff has a list of work long enough to keep the team busy into 2013 so we tend to focus on the projects that benefit the most people. Since it's already a subset of community members who add recipes... and a much, much smaller subset that wants to remove recipes... *and* we have a workaround (emailing us)... well, it just keeps sliding down the priority list. :-/

Hang in there?

Thank you, Peter. Lovely explanation, as usual.

Thanks so much, Peter.

I don't see a button saying "I saved this recipe". I'd like to purge some unsuccessful recipes I've saved (not my own). How do I do it?

Mrs._larkin_370

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

Peter, we can't delete our own recipes, but we COULD recycle them, rename them and give them a whole new ingredients list and instructions, couldn't we?

BUT there's one snafu with this idea...really old recipes have really old tags. I can't remember when the change was made that disabled us from typing in our own tags, but older recipes have old tags. I really miss that capability. Can we ever get it back?

Mrs._larkin_370

p.s. how's Charlie??