🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Image

http://food52.com/recipes...

I use a heaping spoonful (teaspoon from the cutlery set) of cocoa - as much as will balance on it - & a rounded spoonful of sugar. Mix those in a mug. Add just enough milk to make a thick slurry & mix until it is free of lumps. The small amount of liquid makes this easy. Then fill the mug with milk & microwave until hot enough. It's better to check it a few times & stir than to let it boil. For a treat I add a little 1/2 & 1/2.
If I'm really wanting a chocolate fix, I'll stir in a few chocolate chips or a piece of bittersweet chocolate when it's hot.
This is flexible & foolproof.

How_to_make_a_custard_part_1
Shuna Lydon

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

Hot cocoa and hot chocolate are different drinks. The very best advice I can give you: your liquid [milk, cream, water, almond milk, coconut milk etc] should be warm or even hot before whisking in cocoa (and sugar if you like). *Cocoa disseminates its flavor only when warm.* You should whisk cocoa for at least 10 minutes before drinking so as to "cook" out the "raw/floury" taste of cocoa. In winter I like to make a big batch and heat up individual mugs "to order."