Tasty sauces/condiments for salmon burgers?

asked by briecheese about 2 years ago

I really like aioli, avocado and bacon on my salmon burgers, and I know a lot of people poo-poo iceberg lettuce, but i've had it with salmon it does offer a refreshing note and cut the richness of the fish. Another idea is to serve the burger with some sort of slaw on top that would additionally offer some bright flavors against the fish, especially one with lemon or lime juice and zest in the dressing.

Baci1

I like the aioli idea. Maybe a lemony aioli and some roasted red peppers along with some mild arugula.

How about a tzatiki sauce?

I like wasabi mayo.

That's very good. I can see that with Sriracha sauce. And a slaw with lime and a touch of olive oil.

chimmichurri cut with some yogurt or a mild aioli or even mayo if it comes to it.

How about going the mustard route? A little mustard or mustard-based sauce, tomatoes, & a few sprigs of arugula. I love smoked salmon toasts done this way.