🔎

Excess canned salmon=made too many salmon burgers. Can I freeze them? If so, freeze them cooked or uncooked? Thanks!

100_0933
With_ab
JessicaBakes added over 2 years ago

Since they're sold in the grocery, I'm sure you can freeze them! It probably will be helpful to freeze them individually on a sheet pan like you would fruit and then, once frozen, put them into a bag. Oh and I would definitely do it uncooked so you can freshly cook them when you're ready to eat them!

3-bizcard

I agree with JessicaBakes but I would wrap each uncooked salmon cake in plastic wrap lay on sheet pan and freeze them before stacking in bag. I always like to double wrap anything I freeze.

100_0933
Eliana60 added over 2 years ago

Thank you!

Yes, do freeze them raw. So as to prevent as much freezer burn as possible, I'd suggest wrapping each individually in plastic, then storing in a zip lock bag with as much air as possible pressed out of it. Lucky you - what a treasure to have in the freezer.