🔔
🔎

Need to replace microwave/convection oven

Our faithful Sharp, whose label states it was manufactured in July 1992, nuked its last ear of corn this weekend. We want to replace it quickly and assume that the technology has changed a great deal. Also hoping for more interior space. Please let me know what you like about yours, favorite features, brands to avoid, etc. Thanks.

asked by jwlucas over 2 years ago
Uruguay2010_61

I have a microwave that was given to us when I got married 35 years ago . . . I have never used it other than as a bread box. There has never been a reason to use one in my opinion. I love technology, use it greatly everyday, just have no use for a microwave. Highly over rated.

Moi_1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

We bought Miele, spent quite a bit of money and it broke within three months of purchase.

Cathybarrow_allrecipes_%c2%a9_2014
MrsWheelbarrow

Cathy is a trusted source on Pickling/Preserving.

I have a DACOR microwave convection combo. I couldn't live without it. It's my go to oven, particularly as there are only two of us. Fits a pie, roast chicken, lasagne pan. It's brilliant and a great addition to any kitchen

Jwl_001

Thanks, Cathy. The DACOR looks ideal - a larger interior is a must - but I'm having serious sticker shock. I more than got my money's worth with my old one, and my husband always jokes "Don't get the small Cuisinart" - a reference to my first budget-conscious food processor purchase that I always regretted as inadequate. Which model do you have?

Cathybarrow_allrecipes_%c2%a9_2014
MrsWheelbarrow

We have the 24" discovery. Bought it 15 years ago and it's just now starting to show age.... I expect it could be replaced in the next year or two. (I think I stressed out the turning mechanism with a too heavy pot of duck confit.)

Jwl_001

this?
http://www.appliancesconnection...