Concord grapes - can I freeze and, if so, anything special I need to do?

I've already made two delicious pies and still have more grapes. I'd like to freeze them if they'll hold up okay. Any great recipes for concord grapes, besides jam, jellies, etc.? Thanks!

asked by HinOh almost 2 years ago
ATL

Jennifer Perillo has a recipe for Concord grape muffins on her blog, www.injennieskitchen.com
Just do a search for Concord grape muffins. For some reason I'm unable to paste the URL here. I haven't made them but plan to--they look delicious!

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

I don't know about freezing, but would think you could. This recipe jumps at me if I had some concord grapes though, http://www.food52.com/recipes...

I've always thought a great hot-weather treat was to plop a frozen grape into my mouth, so I often freeze them. But that's different than freezing them for a later thawed use; you could expect some mushiness from the freeze-broken cells in the grape, just as you would from almost any frozen fruit. In any case, the best way to freeze them is to take them off the stems; wash and dry them; then arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet or pan that fits in the freezer. When thoroughly frozen, remove from sheet; put into zipper bags; and return to freezer.

Thank you for the responses. I ended up freezing the peels and the pulp separately so that I can make more pies later. The grape-lemon soda looks fantastic - I imagine I could use the frozen peels and pulp for that (and then add a shot of alcohol!).