🔔
🔎

this is whats available, your suggestions?

yukon gold potato, delicata squash, broccoli, farro or brown rice...usual condiments,

asked by sheredel about 2 years ago

These are not all going to work together. But with some cream, butter and cheese you could make a gratin using the potato, squash and broccoli.

Slice the potato as thin as you can an sprial it out in a cast iron pan..with butter on bottom. More butter between layers and salt, pepper, a pinch of thyme between layers.
Preheat the oven to about 375 and put the pan on the stove top until you hear a sizzle. Then finish up in the oven about 20-30 mins depending on how many layers you get. Finish with a broil to crisp up top if needed.

Prep the squash and stuff cooked brown rice and seasonings; butter. Allspice, a touch of cinnamon, garlic, oregano, a squeeze of lemon juice and zest and bake covered. Start that first before the potatoes..which can finish in the same oven. It may take 45-50 mins to cook the squash depending on the size...so check it occasionally with a fork for tenderness.

Loosen up the potatoes after they've cooked and invert on a plate and slice into wedges..top with sour cream and chives.

Wholefoods_user_icon

I like Sam1148's suggestion. You could roast the broccoli alongside, or chop it finely and mix it with the brown rice before stuffing the squash. (I *LOVE* the potato galette. Must try that soon.)

Img_0777_(2)

oh my thank you all! ended up with a soy honey glaze for squash circles and broccolli, then found lentils! cooked with cherry tomatoes and chopped kale. want to try the stuffed squash idea next thank you all