🔎

• 1

answer
  • 1115

Urgent! A question about a recipe: Baked Ricotta and Goat Cheese with Candied Tomatoes

I have a question about the recipe "Baked Ricotta and Goat Cheese with Candied Tomatoes" from TheRunawaySpoon. Does the baked ricotta freeze well?

Food52_082211-3315
Screen_shot_2011-06-30_at_11.52.36_am
Me_in_munich_with_fish
petitbleu added over 1 year ago

I have not tried this recipe, but as someone who has worked professionally with cheese for a long time, I would advise against freezing baked ricotta. I have frozen fresh ricotta before, and it wasn't detrimental to the flavor or texture, but baking alters the molecular structure of the cheese. If you then froze the cheese and thawed it out, the texture would probably suffer, and you will have lost the melty, warm, beautifully browned baked ricotta that you started out with. The cheese would also exude a lot of moisture during the thawing process, resulting in something watery and unappealing. In short, don't do it.