🔔
🔎

My 12 yr old daughter is having a Halloween party and needs some great ideas for it. Any suggestions?

asked by magiere about 2 years ago
Photo-1

go on pinterest and search for halloween recipes... there are so many amazingly creative ideas that people have saved.

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

One of the best Halloween parties I ever went to as a kid included an amazing "spook house" devised by my best friend's older sisters, mostly involving food items. The room (actually their basement) was darkened somewhat and all the guests were blindfolded. They had, on a table, things the older girls forced our hands into, like a large bowl with grapes in water with a bit of gelatin in it, which they told us --in scary voices -- were eyeballs, and a bowl of spaghetti in oil that they said were brains, etc. There was something with a firmer gelatin, too, but I don't remember what it was associated with. I wish I could remember all of the things they did. This could so fun for your daughter and a couple of her close friends to create, together. (I recently saw my friend and one of her older sisters, after many decades, and they are both still as wonderfully imaginative and fun loving as they were back then . . . . if we were not separated by a continent, I'd be hanging out with both of them whenever I could!) ;o)

Melissa_mitchell

My mom did the same thing for a party I had when I was 8 or 9. It was wonderful. Thanks for reminding me.

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

I did that too, great idea!

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

Martha Stewart & Better Homes & Gardens has the cutest ideas. Check their sites for recipes & inspirations!

Image

Check out these contest entries also:http://food52.com/contests...

I remember the peeled grapes that were supposed to be eyeballs! Is this party supposed to be dinner, or just dessert?

Tea cooked boiled eggs. "dragon eggs".

Or for a Harry Potter dish. Fried Shrimp with a batter crust , And fries or oven baked potato wedges. Think 'fish and chips" and call it "Kings Crustacean"

Here are some more ideas. Some recipes on this page are too adult for a 12 yr. d, but some sound kid-friendly: http://www.foodandwine...

This is a dinner party with desserts. I'd like 2 do a lot of finger type foods and several festive type desserts.

Jc_profilepic

Did you see the pumpkin drink dispenser in the features section? It is shown as a beer key but you could put cider in it instead: http://www.celebrations...

How about some cool decorations, Red punch bowl, witch fingers cookies, Spider muffins (with black icing on them), tall glasses with gummy worms coming out of them, maybe even small cups with chocolate pudding and some gummy worms peeking out :)
I did the witch fingers last year and the kids LOVED it. It was so easy, we did it together. Why not bond while you're at it :) Have fun!!

Fingers2