🔎

• 7

• 956

Leftover red pepper soup

Have red pepper soup made with only peppers, cream, salt. Also have roasted chicken. Ideas for combining these 2 leftovers in new dish?

I would think about combining those ingredients with a short pasta form in a baked casserole. I would add in a good melting cheese, maybe fontina or gouda.

Potofbeans
china millman added over 1 year ago

You could also make a red pepper and chicken souffle. Make a bechamel with butter, flour and whole milk (4 tbsp butter, 4 tbsp flour, 1 1/2 cups milk) - Once it's thicken, simmer for a minute. Off the heat, stir in 4 to 6 egg yolks, about 1 cup of the red pepper soup and 1 cup diced chicken. Separately, beat 4-6 whites to soft peaks. Fold 1/3 into the bechamel mixture, then fold in the rest. You can make this part ahead of time. Place in a 375 degree oven, then turn heat down to 350. Bake for 30-45 minutes, until the souffle is puffed and golden brown. Use either a large souffle mold or 6 individual ramekins.

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_
sexyLAMBCHOPx added over 1 year ago

You could add the chicken with the red pepper soup with some cooked rice or orzo for another take on soup.

staceyeats added over 1 year ago

These are all great ideas! Thank you! My big concern was how cream based the soup is and how it would hold up once reinvented in a new dish.

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_
sexyLAMBCHOPx added over 1 year ago

for the soup re-heat gently, for a casserole dish i wouldnt worry. i could go for some hot red pepper soup now...

Baci1
HalfPint added over 1 year ago

I suggest mixing it into and topping a meatloaf. Theoretically, the pepper would provide a nice flavor.

Kristen W. added over 1 year ago

I could see mixing the soup in with a peperonata and simmering gently for a bit, then adding the chicken in and serving over rice.