🔔
🔎

How to bake cheesecake in jars in a toaster oven?

No oven here, just a toaster oven. I want to bake cheesecake in jars. All the recipes I've looked at bake the cheesecake jars in a water bath. To me this seems unsafe for a toaster oven (the exposed heating units will get wet). Can I bake them without the water bath or am I risking cracking the jars?

How do I bake cheesecake jars in a toaster oven?

asked by mirileh almost 3 years ago
39c04017-7e7e-43b2-9344-e529de61a1bd.kandm
Kristy Mucci

Kristy is an expert at making things pretty and a former Associate Editor of Food52.

There might be too much at risk here. The water bath seems necessary and I definitely wouldn't suggest trying to do that in a toaster oven. Are you married to the idea of cheesecakes in jars? Maybe you could make mini cheesecakes instead?

23b88974-7a89-4ef5-a567-d442bb75da04.avatar

mini cheesecakes (muffin tins, right?) seem too small to me. I like a bigger portion (or I'll have three ;-]).

Kristy Mucci

Doesn't have to be muffin tins, I was thinking small tart pans. They vary in size, so you can go as big or tiny as you want.