🔎

• 8

• 776

Providence RI restaurant suggestions

We will be on Providence overnight next weekend and are looking for restaurant suggestions. It will be me, my husband and our 13 year old son who has a pretty good palate compared to most 13 year olds.Nothing stuffy or super expensive. Stopping at the Wild Colonial first so we'll be in jeans, sweaters, etc.Any thoughts?

Miglore

Kristen is the Senior Editor of Food52

I was recently in Providence for a night and Al Forno didn't disappoint. We went late and there was no wait. Get a baked pasta and a grilled pizza to share and maybe one more thing. And dessert. Lastnightsdinner also recommended www.farmsteadinc.com and www.newriversrestaurant..., which I'm hitting next time!

LucyS added over 1 year ago

I didn't see this before I answered, but Farmstead is amazing! Such good sandwiches and the restaurant for dinner is wonderful too. I also remember loving New Rivers!

Cumberland_pass_atv_trip_-_july_20__2013_019
JanetFL added over 1 year ago

We had great Italian food at Camille's. We were there for lunch and were dressed casually. You can check their website:
http://www.camillesonthehill...

LucyS added over 1 year ago

I went to college in Providence, and I was never super impressed by Al Forno, but I feel like I might have hit it on a bad night or two. My favorite restaurant is La Laiterie, also highly recommend their cafe (Farmstead) for lunch. I also like Hemenway's for seafood, and New Rivers downtown is really good too.

Pegeen added over 1 year ago

For non-fancy recommendations, I'd look at www.roadfood.com. (Just type in Providence, RI.) Jane and Michael Stern are regularly on NPR.

Jampro
Bevi added over 1 year ago

http://www.crazyburger...

A cute place on the beach. Great for lunch and satisfies all tastes - carnivore, vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free. A little out of town - but great for a day trip.

deglazeordie added over 1 year ago

I second (or third) Al Forno and Farmstead. Also don't miss East Side Pockets for great falafel!

Summer_2010_1048
Midge added over 1 year ago

I second La Laiterie!