🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

A question about a recipe: Sally's Special Sweet Potatoes

52_thumb

I have a question about the recipe "Sally's Special Sweet Potatoes" from AntoniaJames. I am a big fan of Tsardust Memories. But I am also always looking for ways to use sumac. Is sumac one of the seasonings you added to approximate Tsardust Memories, or is sumac an independent requirement? Thank you, can't wait to try these!

asked by Tarragon almost 2 years ago
New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

Sumac is actually a separate ingredient. It's not a part of the Tsardust Memories blend. I hope you try this. The sumac provides a brilliant counterpoint to the sweet potatoes. If you have the Tsardust Memories on hand, use a good sized pinch of it (or two, or three, depending on the size of your sweet potatoes and how much you like the blend), mixed with the sumac before tossing. Also, check for salt during the first turn on the cookie sheet, after the sweet potatoes have cooked for a bit, and correct if necessary. (I do that whenever I use a commercial spice blend that includes salt. Some of them have a lot more salt than others!) ;o)

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

P.S. I bet this would work well with roasted cubes of winter squash, too!

Thanks AJ, looking forward to trying it tonite. And I may just do the butternut, what a great idea!