🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Substituting Cornstarch for Flour In Polvorones; Other Recipes?

I've just made a batch of Polvorones (similar to or = to Mex Wedding Cakes) using equal amounts of ground pecans and cornstarch, a little sugar, and butter and vanilla. They get coated w/ conf. sugar. They are melt-in-your-mouth delicate lovely and their mouthfeel is , oddly enough, lard-like. Have you experienced that mouthfeel w/ a recipe like this? Is there any reason one would not want to use cornstarch in a cookie recipe? I'm wondering: this dough is kind of like a pie dough but is too wet/soft to be used for that. But could cornstarch be substituted for flour in other baking recipes and what would be the result?Just curious! TIA

asked by LE BEC FIN almost 2 years ago

My inherited shortbread recipe uses equal parts cornstarch & flour. I've assumed the cornstarch is what makes the shortbreads melt in the mouth.