FREE Standard Shipping. TODAY: Up to 30% Off Gift Cards (limited supply). Shop Now »
🔔
🔎

I'm making Sweet Potatoes Anna tonight

I'd like to slice the potatoes 5 hours ahead of time. Do I need to place them in a bowl of water as with white potatoes? If not, how should I store them?. Thanks in advance

asked by jon407 almost 2 years ago

What a great recipe! I've never done this, but I think if I were going to make it ahead, I'd set it up in the baking dish layered with the clarified butter, and then wrap it well and refrigerate it. I'd bring it to room temperature and then stuff it with the prunes before I baked it.

Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

I've made this dish many times, and I agree with drbabs -- only tweak I'd suggest is to go ahead and layer it with the prunes before refrigerating the whole thing, then bring back to room temp and bake it off. And if this helps any, I've also had luck making it entirely ahead of time and reheating it to serve. Good luck and hope you enjoy it!

Thanks all.