Can Laguiole knives be sharpened?

I have some lovely Laguiole knives I bought in France years ago. A couple of the more frequently used have gotten pretty dull. Is it even possible to sharpen these serrated blade knives?

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

asked over 1 year ago
Barbara_davilman

Absolutely. We have a Knife Sharpener that rotates to all our Farmers Markets but he has a regular business as well. I'm guessing it's that time of year because we just had our knives sharpened yesterday. And yes, they can do the serrated ones as well. We're in Los Angeles and it cost $6.00 a knife.

Monita_photo

I don't know alot about these kind of knives but here's a link with helpful information
http://www.layole.com/uk...

Sadie_crop
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

Thank you, Monita; none of those knives looks serrated, so perhaps mine are from a different manufacturer - I know I've had trouble getting my serrated bread knife sharpened before. Davilchick, I live in Pasadena; if you know which farmers' markets your guy rotates around in or have a link to his site, I'd love to have the information!

Barbara_davilman

Hey Diana, I'm in Studio City! He was JUST at our Farmers Market this past Sunday but you can just drop your knives off during the week. They're on Van Noord just north of Moorpark. Here's the website: http://www.sharper-edge...

Sadie_crop
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

They're at the La Canada/Flintridge farmers' market this Saturday and that's the one I go to - thank you so much!!

Barbara_davilman

Oh perfect!!! :)

Sadie_crop
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

Thank you, DAVILCHICK, they did fabulous job on my knives!

Barbara_davilman

Oh that's awesome!!! So glad it worked out!! Now just be CAREFUL!!! THEY'RE REALLY REALLY REALLY SHARP!!! :)

Sadie_crop
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

Yes, nice to have them back to the sharpness they had when I bought them many years ago. Next, I'm going to take him my serrated bread knife - woohooooo!

Barbara_davilman

It's the little things in life. :)