How to cook small amount of beans?

asked by ange over 1 year ago
Waffle3

Green beans? Dried beans? Coffee beans???

Pinto

Dried beans can sometimes be problem...they take a long time IMHO. With long overnight soaking. Or a quick method where you boil and then rest them an hour and boil again. Still it takes time.

Waffle3

In theory there shouldn't be a difference between cooking a large batch and a small one. The only problem I can imagine would be running out of water before the beans are cooked though. If that's the issue, keep an eye on them and add more liquid as necessary (keeping track of how much you add for the next time).

Or are you looking for a recipe / instructions? Or???

2007-09-11e-s4

Generally speaking, you can divide the pinto bean recipe you are using to fit the number of servings you want. On the other hand, whenever I cook up a pot of beans, I make enough to freeze a few servings to use on a day I'm feeling lazy. And they do make a good side dish for just about any hearty beef or pork meal, so my "spares" in the freezer tend to disappear quickly!

I was looking for instructions. Thank you everyone!