🔎

• 6

• 1448

• See other questions tagged:
    • beans

How to cook small amount of beans?

Waffle3
ChefOno added over 1 year ago

Green beans? Dried beans? Coffee beans???

ange added over 1 year ago

Pinto

Sam1148 added over 1 year ago

Dried beans can sometimes be problem...they take a long time IMHO. With long overnight soaking. Or a quick method where you boil and then rest them an hour and boil again. Still it takes time.

Waffle3
ChefOno added over 1 year ago

In theory there shouldn't be a difference between cooking a large batch and a small one. The only problem I can imagine would be running out of water before the beans are cooked though. If that's the issue, keep an eye on them and add more liquid as necessary (keeping track of how much you add for the next time).

Or are you looking for a recipe / instructions? Or???

2007-09-11e-s4
WileyP added over 1 year ago

Generally speaking, you can divide the pinto bean recipe you are using to fit the number of servings you want. On the other hand, whenever I cook up a pot of beans, I make enough to freeze a few servings to use on a day I'm feeling lazy. And they do make a good side dish for just about any hearty beef or pork meal, so my "spares" in the freezer tend to disappear quickly!

ange added over 1 year ago

I was looking for instructions. Thank you everyone!