🔎

• 5

• 778

Do you have ideas for using fleur de sel? I would love to make salted caramels.

LucyS added over 1 year ago

Sounds like a great plan! I made some salted caramels recently and they're great (though not for your fillings). Are you looking for a recipe?

Legend added over 1 year ago

Yes! I would love one. I envision a small box of beautifully wrapped caramels to give to good friends!

LucyS added over 1 year ago

I used this one, but I am fairly new to candymaking and so I bet others will have better suggestions: http://www.epicurious.com...

Rather than mixing the salt in, I sprinkled it on top to give them a nice crunch. Just be sure you time it right, when the caramel is still sticky but when it's not hot enough to melt the salt - I did this on my first try and it was just salty with no texture.

Legend added over 1 year ago

Thank you! I'll try it today.

TobiT added over 1 year ago

I made the Salted Pumpkin Caramels from food52 website. The fleur de sel really added to the recipe. (Recipe was posted a couple months ago, around Halloween.) They are unbelievably delicious and easy. It was my first foray ever into candy making and now I am hooked.