🔎

A question about a recipe: Deb Perelman's Mushroom Bourguignon

I have a question about the recipe "Deb Perelman's Mushroom Bourguignon" from Genius Recipes. Can I make this a day ahead? Will it keep overnight and be just as yummy the next day or do I have to make it day of dinner party?

Mushroombourguignon2
Barbara_davilman
ATG117 added over 1 year ago

I would make the pasta the day of, as close to the time of serving. (Be sure to season the pasta water well!) As for the bourguinon, no reason no to make it in advance.

Barbara_davilman
DAVILCHICK added over 1 year ago

Thanks ATG117. I wasn't sure if the shrooms and onions would get all soggy or not. Pasta definitely do right before but I wasn't sure if the 'stew' would be great or limp.

400584_2795982053875_1473082837_n_(1)

Brette is the Managing Editor of Food52.

I would think you could definitely make the bourguinon ahead, but maybe only through step 3 - then, before serving, you could reheat it and mount it.

Barbara_davilman
DAVILCHICK added over 1 year ago

Just wanted to report back that I made it the day before through Step 3, as you suggested, and then reheated, thickened and served. It was stupendous! Great dish! Thanks again!