🔎

How do you guys reheat chicken the day after without it tasking.. well.. Reheated?

Istock_000015224885small
Fsm
trampledbygeese added over 1 year ago

I usually put it in a pasta sauce or curry. Butter Chicken tastes AMAZING when made with roast chicken left overs.

But for just simple chicken, I tend to fry it so that the outside is a bit crunchy. It's a really nice texture with mashed potato, some green veg and some pickles.

Or, to just reheat it, I would put it in a covered dish in the toaster oven until heated all the way through. But this can sometimes make the meat a bit dry.

Jampro
Bevi added over 1 year ago

I slice my second day roast chicken directly into whatever jus or sauce I have made, which I thin with a little white wine.

Moi_1
QueenSashy added over 1 year ago

I make it into a chicken stew. Or like Bevi chop it into a sauce and simmer it on the stove until it absorbs the flavors.

Bigpan
bigpan added over 1 year ago

Poke the left overs with a fork. Be aggressive.
Poach in chicken stock and use as you wish.

Sam1148 added over 1 year ago
Voted the Best Answer!

Coat the skin with Hosin sauce. Put in the broiler skin side up until the skin crisps up.
Slice up some cabbage and green onions.
Get some flour tortitllas and steam those in the microwave with a damp towel.
Cut up the chicken and now crispy skin. And serve with bowls of green onions, cabbage (optional) and hosin sauce. With the tortillas. for a "mock peking duck".

Steamed rice, egg drop soup, and egg rolls to compleat the meal.

036

I am roasting a chicken tonight for dinner, and tomorrow after I pick up my CSA I am planning a sweets and greens hash (sweet potatoes and whatever greens are in the box) with torn chicken added in. Made with caramelized onions and topped with a poached eggs if I am in the mood to gild the lily ...