🔔
🔎

Gator_cake

When I'm in that type of quandary I will use the advanced search at Epicurious. It allows to you filter for a variety of things including "quick & easy" and "healthy". http://www.epicurious.com...

Monita_photo

Many soups are quick and healthy. Here's a link for a bunch to choose from
http://www.marthastewart...

I make a cobb salad. With chopped mixed lettuces Romaine, water cress, etc). and Top with rows of cubed avocado, turkey, Bacon (optional), and chopped boiled egg. And chives.
Sometimes, I skip the bacon and turkey and saute a few shrimp for each plate. Marinated in garlic,ginger and soy sauce..dried and dusted with some paprika and fried in clarified butter.

Without knowing what's in your pantry or what you are shopping for this is effing impossible to answer. An omelet is quick and easy but maybe not everyone agrees with me that it's healthy. Toss some smoked salmon in. That's healthy.And quick.

Stringio
Nancy Harmon Jenkins

Nancy is a food writer, historian, and author of many books, her most recent being Virgin Territory: Exploring the World of Olive Oil, forthcoming from Houghton Mifflin.

What a funny question, Matt. I'm tempted to say: Oh, just slice a fresh tomato and dribble on it some extra-virgin olive oil, sea salt, and a drop or two of aged vinegar. But I suspect you want something more challenging. So melt a clove or two of garlic in some extra-virgin oil, add a 28-ounce can of San Marzano tomatoes, a sprinkle of oregano or fresh chopped parsley or basil, cook down till the tomatoes melt, puree, adjust the seasoning, and maybe add a couple of drops of orange juice or grated zest. Then boil up pasta water, add really fine artisanal pasta (imported dry pasta, I mean, the best), cook till al dente, drain and quickly turn in the sauce. About as healthy as you can get and very very easy. And quick, pasta being the original fast food.

Open-uri20130103-17063-6cmnrh-0

Thank you guys for the idea's

Open-uri20130103-17063-6cmnrh-0

Thank you guys for the idea's

The_cook

Question for Matt. "Healthy" can mean a lot of different things. What kind of healthy is important to you?