Major issues posting 2-part ingredient recipes.

I have tried for 5 days. The recipe becomes scrambled after publication. Unamused. Editors have been aware since Tuesday, but no resolution.

asked by Marie Viljoen over 1 year ago
Miglore

Kristen is the Executive Editor of Food52

Hi Marie -- our tech team spent time wrestling with this bug last week while also trying to release some exciting new features. They'll keep trying to resolve it this coming week. Thank you for your patience.

190577_102767543140406_100002214813193_24828_6292603_n

Thanks for your response, Kristen, and also for crediting me with patience I no longer feel. But I do realize that the site is far more important than an individual user's technical hassles.

Miglore

Your technical hassles are likely happening to others, so it's great that you report them to [email protected]. Some just take longer than others to figure out.

The good news is that once the bug is resolved, 2-part recipes should hopefully display properly (as they're showing up in edit mode now), without any extra work from you.

Yes, indeed. I experienced the same thing in submitting a two part recipe to a contest. Everything went FUBAR. Even though I don't expect to come close to winning the contest I would still like to repair the damage to what I think is a pretty damn good recipe.

Onionavatar
Michael Hoffman

Michael is an engineer at Food52

Hi, all. We're really sorry about this. It's incredibly frustrating. We're working hard to resolve the problem as soon as possible.

Dsc00859_2

me too :( I wrote to the eds. I ended up just posting it all together as if it were a 1-part recipe within a 2 part format. Looks a bit odd. I'm not going to edit, for now, because all the instructions disappear when I do.

I now have two up, neither with instructions :-) Guess I'll miss the competition deadline...

Perhaps the solution might be to suspend the competition for a week while the techs get their algorithms in line???

Onionavatar
Michael Hoffman

Michael is an engineer at Food52

Hi, all. We believe that the problem is fixed going forward, meaning that new recipes will behave as expected, and edits to old ones should appear on the page as they did in the form.