🔎

I've been using food52 for a couple of years and had about 100 recipes saved in my profile. As of today they seem to have all disappeared!

My sister-in-law found the same thing. Are the saved recipes still there somewhere? thanks!

Onionavatar

Michael is a developer at Food52.

Voted the Best Answer!

Hey, erinbdm. Sorry for the scare! Dont' worry: your recipes are safe. We're upgrading our systems and migrating our old data over. Your saved recipes should reappear by the end of the day, or by tomorrow morning at the latest.

erinbdm added about 1 year ago

Thank you! I'm very relieved!!

lilgal added about 1 year ago

Right, I'm notorious for zapping data and thought I had done it again. Waiting breathlessly,,,

Ozoz_profile
Kitchen Butterfly added about 1 year ago

Phew! Relief too on my side. Thanks for the update!

cld added about 1 year ago

Yes, thanks for the update, I was in panic mode....

louisez added about 1 year ago

I add my thanks.

Photo
tutti added about 1 year ago

I was in panic mode as well. Happier now that I know they are safe! Thanks to all

036

Mine are there in a new format (which is pretty cool by the way) so I think the migration is complete

3-bizcard

I love the new format!!

Onionavatar

Michael is a developer at Food52.

Thanks for the kind words about the new user pages! This is just the beginning; we have some cool features on the way for you guys. Thanks for your patients during this transition.

claireinaustin added about 1 year ago

what a relief!

Sausage2

Emily is a trusted source on Scandinavian Cuisine.

I'm so crotchety. I'm always perturbed by change, so I'm all like, 'harumph, why does my page look different?'...I'm sure I'll love it within 2-3 days though. :)

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_
sexyLAMBCHOPx added about 1 year ago

I'm loving the "add to folder" feature when you save a recipe. I hope this is a start to organize many of the recipes, I want to try & come to love.

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_
sexyLAMBCHOPx added about 1 year ago

Onionavatar

Michael is a developer at Food52.

sexyLAMBCHOPx, glad you like it! The recipe collection feature is only available to a (randomly selected) subset of users at the moment, so, everyone else, if you don't see it, don't worry. You will soon.

3-bizcard

Thank you Michael and everyone at food52 I love what you have done. It flows beautifully and I love the recipe collection feature.

Sam1148 added about 1 year ago

Thanks for the update. One thing I'd love to see is being able to send my saved recipes to Food52..and have them printed with photos and bound in custom cookbook.

Photo
tutti added about 1 year ago

Mine saved recipes have not reappeared as yet and hope they do tomorrow!

rebeccajoan added about 1 year ago

I had the same question...I love Food52 and hope all the great recipes show up soon.

Moi_1
QueenSashy added about 1 year ago

My saved recipes are still missing, but looks like everyone else's are restored. Time to panic?

Onionavatar

Michael is a developer at Food52.

Nope! Everyone's recipes are still safe; the job is just taking longer than anticipated. So far about 60& of users have theirs back, and the job works in order of id number (lower first). Sorry about the delay. I promise I will tell you when it's time to panic ;).

Scan0004
susan g added about 1 year ago

Michael, it's nice to be near the front of the (ID#) line. I'm fascinated by the new setup -- good for making my 'saves' useful again. Will we be able to sort our old recipes into new folders?

Onionavatar

Michael is a developer at Food52.

Hey, Susan. As I mentioned above, only some of our users currently have the ability to create new recipe collections and file recipes away in them. It's possible that you don't have this feature yet, but in any case you will soon.

rebeccajoan added about 1 year ago

My recipes are back, thank you

But then there is the issue of recipes that have been fatally messed up. This is what happens when algorithms have criminal minds.